Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Raining Hope Chapter 11 Update #7

Raining Hope Incorporated
Chapter 11 – Update #7
January 6, 2011!

I challenged the children to get up early and be excited to meet with God this morning. Wouldn’t you know, I ended up waking up late! I have been getting up at 4 and 5 am. Today I woke up around 7 am! I jumped out of bed and my first thought was the children! I ended up feeling bad that I was up late. I still went outside on the balcony and had a short time with the Lord. But, you know I learned another valuable lesson. After my encounter yesterday, I was anticipating and excited about my time alone with the Lord! I have had times when I have scheduled to meet with someone and have had to cut the time short because of a sudden interruption or arriving late. I feel a piece is missing when we are not allowed to have the full time. I also don’t want to miss anything that God has for me.
There are no devotions with staff on Wednesdays. It gave me time to catch up on updates and administrative work for Raining Hope. I had a great visit with Mrs. Otile today as I waited to meet with her son, Robert. We are still trying to work time out to go to the land. Pray that happens in the next two days!
Solomon met me for lunch and we went next door to the Sunset Hotel. My favorite Chinese food anywhere is here in Jinja! Isn’t that so strange! It is so peaceful to sit and enjoy the view of the Nile. We were able to continue discussing the needs of the home and the plans for the first term. God continues to confirm His plans through His Word.
We stopped by Indulge to check on the mosquito nets. They had not yet arrived so we will try again tomorrow.
We did go by two of the primary schools. We have discovered that schools are not opened for registration. Solomon found someone to talk with to just get basic information. One of the primary schools is private and much more expensive than the government subsidized school. I was at least able to drive by the schools to see where they are at. One school is right down the road from the home. They would be able to walk home at lunch. This would help with the cost as we would not have to pay for food at the school. We will go back when registration opens in a couple of weeks.
We spent the afternoon at the home working on craft projects. When I organized the bags of supplies, I discovered some leftover fish (really! Ha! Just constructions cut outs but leftovers still the same!) and bookmarkers. The children had lots of fun. Just when they thought they had finished decorating the fish, I would bring out more! Henry would come over saying, “They are all over.” Then he would look and say, “Ah, there’s more!” When I declared it was like the story in the book of Matthew about Jesus multiplying the fish and the bread, they all got a good laugh out of that!
During the devotions, I continued to share from the book of Exodus about leaving Egypt and entering the Promised Land. We focused on these verses in Exodus…
7 Then the LORD told him, “I have certainly seen the oppression of my people in Egypt. I have heard their cries of distress because of their harsh slave drivers. Yes, I am aware of their suffering. 8 So I have come down to rescue them from the power of the Egyptians and lead them out of Egypt into their own fertile and spacious land. It is a land flowing with milk and honey.”
We thank the Lord that He saw our suffering as well and came to rescue us. We are living in the land of milk and honey. Funny that the other day when Solomon was feeding his 2 dogs, April and May, they had a huge bowl of milk! I thought, “Wow! Even our animals at Raining Hope have milk overflowing!”

Prayer Requests:
1) We are accomplishing all that needs to be done. Thank you for your prayers. With just a couple of days left, pray that we will be able to get done what He desires.
2) Pray for our decision of which schools the children will attend. This will have to happen after I go home. A praise is there is someone who will make our uniforms for us! This will cut down the cost considerably! Pray for the needed funds for school fees.
3) We are coming to the solution to the managing of the home issue. Continue to pray God gives us the final confirmation. God is good.
4) We are going to visit our new land on Friday. Pray that this works out.
5) Pray I continue to have my alone moments with God to seek His direction and discernment.
Our children send their greetings and love to you!
Kale,
Eydie

No comments:

Post a Comment