Thursday, December 22, 2011

December 2011 update

Raining Hope
Update & Prayer Requests – December 2011


I want to thank you for your continued support & prayers for the children of Raining Hope Children's Home. In the midst of the Christmas holiday & the tough economy, I appreciate your gifts of love & support.

Thanks to all who participated in our Macy's Fundraiser as well as our Yard Sale! Both went very well.

Our Annual Tamale Fundraiser was also a HUGE success! We sold out again this year! We already have a few reservations for next year! Thanks to all who came by that day to pick up your tamales & support our event.

Important - January Conference in Uganda

I have been asked to speak at a 6 day conference in conjunction with Amazing Grace Church in Bukaya, Uganda! This is the church our children of Raining Hope attend. It will be January 2-7, 2012. Please be in prayer for me as I prepare. I shared with them that I would be speaking on being a part of a royal family, daughters & sons of a King. Pastor Richard of Amazing Grace Church sent a reply that the theme will be from 1 Peter 2:9 “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.”

Pray for the continued funds needed to cover my airfare & accommodations. I will be leaving December 28, 2011 & returning on January 11, 2012.

Because I am traveling to Uganda on my own, my luggage is limited. The cost for an extra piece of luggage is $170! Wow! We would like to provide the children with a Christmas party while I am there. If you would like to make a donation towards our celebration and the trip itself, please contact Carol John this week at carol@raininghope.org or make a donation on our website, www.raininghope.org. It will be easier for me to buy supplies there than pay for the excess luggage on this end.

Fundraisers
Avon - My cousin in San Jose, Tina Shadowens is an Avon representative. She has graciously set up an ongoing fundraiser for Raining Hope. If you go to her website, www.tshad.com and hit the "Online Event" tab, you will see our fundraiser listed. All you need to do is put "raininghope" in the coupon area at check out for us to get credit.

Second Annual Sit-A-Thon! Date & place to be announced. It will be late February or early March. We will also have a dinner/silent auction event as part of the Sit-A-Thon.

A list of current prayer requests is available on request. If you are not on our mailing list, please send your email address to eydie@raininghope.org. You will receive monthly updates.

If you would like to make a donation:
1) Website: www.raininghope.org. You can make a donation online using a major credit card. All donations are tax-deductible.
2) Mail a check to: Raining Hope Inc. 3451 Foothill Road #206, Ventura, CA 93003
Or send a check to my address at 8823 Denver Street, Ventura, CA 93004 made to Raining Hope Inc.
3) If you have questions you can contact me at 805-340-7612
4) You can also contact our treasurer, Carol John at 805-377-7387.

Most of all, I appreciate your continued prayers.

May you have a very blessed Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Kale,
Eydie

No comments:

Post a Comment