Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Uganda Trip - Chapter 14 Update #2


Raining Hope Chapter 14 Update #2

God is working in ways that can only be explained by Him.  At the end of the day, when we recalled all that happened we stand back in amazement.  
This is the first time I have not been able to send out as many updates as usual.  We actually had the internet go down for a few days and I was not able to access my mail.  Believe me, there is so much to tell!  I will catch you up on all that we are experiencing.  It will be worth the wait if you hang in there with me!  
Since it has been awhile since the first update, I am sending you the insights of the students themselves what they have been experiencing since arriving in Uganda.  We are leaving soon for breakfast then our ministry in a local village.  I will continue to catch you up in the next few days.  I am having a hard time keeping up with all that God is doing!!  So keep on praying for us! 
Nichole:  “These past few days here have been overwhelming & God is moving in mighty ways.  I am in love with the culture and I cannot even put into words how beautiful the children are.  They already have my heart.  Their passion for the Lord is inspiring and they are teaching me far more than I could ever teach them.  I love and miss you all.  Keep praying! 
Jessica:  “Hello from Uganda!  The last few days have been amazing!  The country and the people are absolutely beautiful.  The children at Raining Hope already have my love.  I have never felt more welcomed and loved.  The children have such a passion for God.  I can’t wait to experience the next 3 weeks! 
Teslan:  It’s been a wonderful adventure thus far!  I am overwhelmed by the love that we have been shown by the children at Raining Hope. Uganda is absolutely beautiful and God is moving in mighty ways! 
Brittani:  I cannot even express in words how blessed we have been since arriving here! The Ugandan people have embraced and showered us with more love than I could have ever imagined.  The precious children at Raining Hope are truly beautiful.  Their hearts for the Lord are pure and passionate. I am humbled by our experiences as a team and am excited to see what is in store for us the next couple of weeks.  A treasure I learned from the kids is this,  “God is good, all the time.  All the time, God is good and that’s His nature, WOW!”  P.S.  I have never experience such authentic worship in my whole life!  Being a part of their worship services has been incredible! 
Tessa:  God is truly blessing our time here in Uganda!  He is working in us in amazing ways!  The children of Raining Hope and all the Uganda people are huge blessings to us! 
Melissa:  It has only been 2 days in Uganda and God is already blessing our team.  The people and the children are beautiful.  They demonstrate God’s love from the moment you meet them.  I feel so privileged to be able to meet the children. 
Katie:  I am feeling so blessed by this beautiful place.  The people are amazing, the sky is blue and God is good.  One word I believe describes the people here is JOY.  Everyone radiates with the love of Christ and their worship is authentic in every way.  We got to meet the kids at Raining Hope today and that was unbelievable!  They loved on us & we loved on them.  They taught us new games & I even danced!  I can’t wait to see how God is going to continue to work here! 
Elizabeth:  God is so good!  I have fallen in love with Uganda and the people.  The Holy Spirit’s presence is so real here.   It is so exciting to encounter Him during the journey.  I already feel myself being transformed by the relationships we are building with the people and our team!  It has been an amazing journey so far! 
Meghan:  Hello everyone!  So far into our journey of Uganda, I have been so blessed.  God has shown me assurance in answering my prayers.  Uganda has shed such a light of love and peace.  My biggest highlights so far have been reading my support letters and meeting the kids of Raining Hope.  I am so thankful to be a part of this team! 
Camille:  I am overwhelmed by God’s goodness in the team, in Vacation Bible School, & in the home.  God is good!  I am so thankful for the blessing of being a part of His plan.  
Eydie:  My heart is overflowing with peace, joy & thankfulness.  Continue with us on our journey as we “Now stand here and see the great thing the Lord is about to do.”  I Samuel 12:16   
Kale, 
Eydie
Team shopping in Jinja Town 

Raining Hope Children's Home


Raining Hope Children Praising the Lord!

Annet (Manager/House parent) 

No comments:

Post a Comment