Monday, April 27, 2015

Chapter 19 - Update #5 - April 18, 2015


Raining Hope - Chapter 19  - Update #5 - April 18, 2015 

I woke up yesterday and felt like I was in a dream !   Something I hadn’t mentioned the night I came home from the celebration was what happened before I went to sleep.     As I praised the Lord in my room, I decided to pull the curtains of the mosquito net around me.  For those that have been a part of my journey since 2007, you know that the mosquito net is not to keep the mosquitoes out!   I LOVE to have my quiet time in the midst of the net.  In such a small space I will sign music and praise the Lord!  As I sit on the bed and soak in His presence, many times I don’t want to leave the power within the net!   So last night, as I sat on the bed, I realized that the new canopy style nets made the space so much bigger!!   I started signing and had SO MUCH ROOM!   I thought of the verse in Isaiah 54:2  "Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes.” (NIV)   I began to smile with joy with the idea that God is enlarging my territory and He was so good to give me visible confirmation!   I then looked up the verse in another translation (NLT)...
"Enlarge your house; build an addition. Spread out your home, and spare no expense!
I am going to let that version speak for itself because I still remain speechless!  

For those that have traveled here with me, you will understand when I say I am enjoying my morning breakfast of spanish omelette’s, pineapple, baked beans and Nescafe instant coffee!   All that is missing are those of you who have been on my teams!  

I went to the hotel’s morning fellowship time.  This is one of my favorite things of the Paradise Hotel is that they honor Jesus by starting the day with morning devotions for any staff member that can attend!  It is in the most beautiful setting...right next to the Nile River.   I went just expecting to receive the Word from another staff member.  Most of the time when I am here, they want me to bring the devotion to motivate the staff.  But I had not talked to anyone about it in advance.  I was excited this time to just receive!   I sat down & we prayed and worshiped the Lord!  After the night I had with the children, I began to just stare at the Nile realizing how blessed I was to have this place as a significant part of my life.  They even asked if anyone had any praise reports to share.  Not thinking I was going to bring the devotions today, I shared about our new house.  As soon as I finished that, the person leading said, “Ok, we are now going to have Sister Eydie come and bring the Word today!”   Thankfully, I have learned in Uganda to always be ready to be called on at any time.  But this one totally caught me off guard!  

I actually shared the same quote from the book I shared with the children about God loving us...period!   The message was simple...God loves you.  I signed the song, “How He Loves” and encouraged each person to go through their day remembering how much He loves them and to share His love.  As we finished, in the distant background we heard thunder!   I was able to say,  “God is serious!  He loves you!”   

Then Godfrey and I spent some time going over the budget needs and house needs.  I marvel at how God is providing for all that we need.  Godfrey is doing an amazing job budgeting and managing.  Amazing job.  We are blessed to have him managing Raining Hope.  

Godfrey took Annet & Hillary with him to do some of the food shopping.  I stayed back at the hotel to get work done.  I also was invited to join my favorite Chinese cook to have another cooking lesson!!!   It was a good time of ministry because I discovered his daughter was recently burned in an accident.  She is at a hospital in Mukono receive severe burn treatment.  It recently happened about 3 weeks ago.  Please be in prayer for her.  She can not walk and is bedridden until some of the burn is healed.  

One of the things that was a priority for the new house was a pit latrine that is common in all houses.  They needed to start construction as they have already dug the pit.  The cost of the construction will total around $800.  We are at least beginning the process.  What was the most amazing part of all of it was the way that Godfrey entrusting the older boys with new responsibilities.  He called Frank to join us by boda boda to oversee the delivery of the materials we purchased.  After Godfrey and I finished the transaction, we left Frank in charge to get the materials home!  That freed us up to go and get other supplies!  I didn’t realize he had done the same thing with Hillary & Jonathan!  Godfrey had 3 students in 3 different places carrying on the ministry of Raining Hope!  It is an understatement to say that I was a proud mama !  Godfrey has taken the steps to teach our older students how to carry on with responsibilities they will be faced with in life.  I can see the difference in the way the students are carrying themselves.  They are so confident knowing that they are playing a huge part in the ministry of the home.  Leaders are emerging right in front of my eyes!    

The other new thing for me on this trip is the opening of the central market!   They have been constructing a new building for years!  I was able to shop at the new market for the first time!!!!    It is amazing!  It is basically an indoor mall that is divided up into individual stalls.  Instead of the market being outside, effected especially by the rain, it is all indoors!   We only had a short time to walk through but plan to go back to purchase some clothes for the children.  

I also had the blessing of having Mary, my tailor come to visit us at our home!   We are having Mary make new uniforms for the Raining Hope Choir!  They have been presenting at church and have upcoming opportunities to share their music.   There are 13 students that are in the choir.  She will make dresses for the girls and shirts for the boys.  They are thrilled!!!   Mary was my first visitor in the new home.  She has made all of my clothes for the past 8 years.  But she has never been at our house or around our children.  So last night the children presented two songs, one of which is “Giants Fall” that we will present together on Sunday.  Mary also had never seen me sign or even know that I ministered to the deaf.  Before she left she shared a word with all of them.  She was most impressed with how they all place God first in their lives and how they are so full of joy!   

I had a long talk with Henry last night as well. I will be sharing more about his thoughts in another update.  I asked him the simple question of what differences there are now that we are in the new house.  His response, “Wow!  I have so many, so many!”  He proceeded to share with me for close to an hour his thoughts, his dreams, his thanksgiving for all that God is doing!  

We spent a lot of time just being in one another’s presence last night.  We danced, we praised the Lord in song, we laughed, we talked, we just enjoyed being together!  We spent time in prayer before I ventured back home.  I love that we only live about 5 minutes away now from the hotel.  Such a bonus!!!   

The children are happy.  They are full of joy.  They are full of His peace.  They are thankful.  They know they are loved.  

Last night it rained as we drove back to the hotel.  As we prayed thanking the Lord for the day,  we sat in silence for a moment just listening to the rain.  We listened to the rain as it poured out as a symbol of all the ways that the Lord is pouring out His blessings on us now.   

As I walk around, at any moment I feel like I am going to cry.  He is so good.  I look forward to another day in great anticipation of experiencing what only He can do.  

Thank you for your continued prayers.  You are all here with me on this journey!   I pray that these updates are giving you a glimpse of all He is doing.  I know they are long so thank you for taking the time to read.  May God bless you with each word and touch you in ways that will make your heart leap for joy! 

Joy Unspeakable! 
mama eydie kisakye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment