Wednesday, June 15, 2011

International Service Project Uganda Team
June 1-22, 2011
Chapter 12 – Update #6

One more week and we will be boarding the plane to come back to America! Time is not just flying by on our end, it seems to be taking a fast jet!

Our Women’s meeting at Revival Center Church on Saturday went really well. We had the anticipated group of about 15 women. The church had other classes & meetings simultaneously. But it was a great way to introduce this new ministry to women. Our students were able to share their “2 minute” testimonies with the women. The women of the church in turn wanted to share their testimonies with them! It was a highly encouraging time of ministry & fellowship.

Sunday we attended the same church for worship. We began by attending the worship service with the main church. It was a good cultural experience for the team. They learned much about the African culture and their style of worship. It many ways it was different than the worship service we attended last Sunday. After the worship, the team ministered to the children’s Sunday School class. We had about 50 children in attendance.

On the way to the home on Sunday, we stopped in town for some supplies. One of my friends, Rita happened to be opened. But after we finished shopping, we climbed back in the van, and the battery had died due to the radio being left on! Good thing it had happened in front of Mary’s shop! We called our friends who quickly came to our rescue to jumpstart the van! It the midst of it all, it also rained while we were in town! The team loves it when it rains! They have also been amazed at the beauty of the lightening and the roar of thunder! Previous team members know how special this is!

The time we have at the children’s home is shorter than previous years. Since we have come in June, the children are back in school. They arrive home after 5 pm during the week. We adjust our schedule to do other ministry during the day. The time at the home in the evening is very precious and valuable.

We began our Vacation Bible School in the village of Kakira yesterday. We are ministering at Cornerstone Church with Pastor Paul. It was so good to return to the church. They have begun construction on the top part of the church! It is exciting to see God blessing them in this way. We ran into a similar issue with some of the children being at school.. We arrived at 2 pm to a small group of children waiting our arrival with Pastor Paul! Children continued to trickle in over the next 2 hours. We ended up having about 50 children in attendance. We have decided to adjust the schedule and conduct the VBS from 3:30 pm-6 pm. This way, more of the children can participate. We are anticipating close to 150 children each day! The team did a great job yesterday! Please continue to keep them in your prayers.

Here are a few highlights from the team:
Bradyn: I’m loving being back here! The highlight for me has definitely been the kids at the home. They always make my day wonderful Love you all back home!
Sarah: I love being in Uganda! The children of Raining Hope are so beautiful inside and out. I’m treasuring this time. Miss you family! Mucho love.
Morgan: I love Uganda…the atmosphere, children and scenery. I miss you all back home and can’t wait to see you soon.
Katy: Uganda and the children are blessing me in so many ways! I miss you all back home and love you! Amina! Ai Ai Ai Ai!!!!
Shay: Olyota! Uganda is such an amazing place! I absolutely adore the people and the culture here. Miss you all! Much love!
Lauren: Uganda gets better every day. I love the culture and the people. I am sending all my love to you. Lo, squeak.
Emily: I am having a blast in Uganda and learning so much. Love you all, oh my camera broke.
Jordan: Greetings to all my peeps! Uganda has been absolutely amazing. The kids are adorable and God is teaching me so much! Keep praying for us!
Camille: God is teaching me so much in this beautiful country. The children are so beautiful! I love you all and know you are praying for me. Keep it up! Looking forward to seeing everyone, especially Keenan!
Hannah: Hey everyone! I have a bit of a bumpy road. It’s not been everything that I thought it would be, but it’s everything it needs to be. I love hanging out with the kids at the home, learning to dance, play drums and understand their accent. God’s challenged me in many ways. I guess you can say I am re-learning how to live. I love you all, and I really do appreciate your prayers! I love you!

I miss you & love you all as well! Thank you for your prayers. They are making a difference.

Kale,
Eydie

No comments:

Post a Comment