Monday, June 20, 2011

Uganda Chapter 12 Update #8

International Service Project Uganda Team
June 1-22, 2011
Chapter 12 – Update #8

Thank you for your prayers for our time of ministry to the women of Cornerstone Baptist Church! The women’s conference went very well. We had about 60 of the women who were signed up come and participate. We were also blessed by the presence of about 100 of the children who participated in VBS this week! The day was filled with praise & worship, teaching & small group discussions. Our team presented two praise songs that the women just LOVED! Even though we are not a “choir” team, I feel like we could have gone on a choir tour! The voices on my team blend beautifully together! It brought a tear to my eye! Our ladies had great discussions when we broke up in small groups. They were all able to give their testimonies as to how they came to know Jesus. We gave out bookmarkers that each team member decorated with their favorite verses. During one of our sessions, we heard the sound of resounding thunder! It was amazing!

We return today to Cornerstone today for their Sunday morning worship. Having been with the children & the women, we are excited to be worshipping together today with the whole church! It will be a great way to spend Father’s Day!

Our team would like to send special a special Father’s Day greetings to their dads!
Morgan: Happy Father’s Day pop! I can only imagine how much you’re enjoying Italy! Can’t wiat to see you soon! Love you!
Bradyn: Happy Father’s Day, Daddy! Thank you for being an amazing example of a godly man to me. I miss you! Can’t wait to see you soon! I love you to infinity and beyond!
Jordan: Hi Daddy! I’m sorry I can’t be there to spend Father’s Day with you, but know that I love and I miss you a lot! Shake & bake!
Sarah: Pappi! Happy Father’s Day! I miss you, but things out here are great! Thank you for all of the ways you bless me! I love you with all my heart! P.S. Send a hello and hug to everyone.
Camille: Happy Father’s Day, Daddy! Thank you for being the best daddy ever! I miss you but I’ll be home soon! Enjoy spending time with the family. I love you!
Shay: Dad, Happy Father’s Day! I miss you very much! I love you! See you soon!
Katy: Happy Father’s Day, Pops! Miss you a ton. Can’t wait to celebrate your day when I get back! Love you!
Emily: Hello! I’ve been too busy to send an email, but all is well! Dad, I didn’t forget about you! Happy Father’s Day! I love and appreciate you! Kale!
Lauren: Happy Father’s Day, Daddy. You know I love you so much. I could have never asked for a better provider and friend. Thank you for all the love and support. I miss you but will see you soon.. Enjoy Father’s Day with Mom & Sis! Love always, Lo AJ…As you remember your dad today, know that he would be very proud of who you are! I love you.
Hannah: I love you, Daddy so much! You’ve always held me up and encouraged me in the good and bad times. Thank you for teaching me God’s truths my whole life so when I face hardships I can cling to Him. You’re the best daddy in the world! I’m proud of you!

To my dad in the Bay Area, I too wish you a Happy Father’s Day! Kiana...I hope that you all have a great Father’s Day with daddy! Look forward to seeing you all soon!

We are in the home stretch! Pray for our team that we will FINISH WELL!



Kale,
Eydie

No comments:

Post a Comment