Raining Hope Garage Sale - This Saturday, May 5th
Time: 8 am - 12 noon
Place: Home of Carol John - 507 Fernwood Drive, Oxnard CA 93030
We are still in need of raising the last amount for the rent in Uganda. The school fees for the next term will also be due in the next couple of weeks. I will be in Riverside for CBU’s graduation. Carol is hosting this garage sale to help raise funds for these immediate needs. Please stop by and say hello!
California Baptist University Graduation - Saturday, May 5th - 9:00 am
I have six former ISP team members graduating this Saturday! (Jordan, Shay, Lynell, Ashleigh, Meredith & Lizzy)
Three of my current ISP team members are graduating as well! (Brittani, Elizabeth & Nichole) Congratulations to the Class of 2012!
Reminder: International Service Project Uganda Children’s Team
Dates: May 23-June 14, 2012
Pray for my 10 team members: Camille (co-student leader), Nichole, Elizabeth, Katie, Brittani, Teslan, Jessica, Melissa, Meghan, & Tessa.
The team will leave Uganda on June 13th to return home. I have a graduate student, April Dominguez arriving that day to do research work on education in Uganda. I will be working with her for 1 week. I will also be doing research for the use of the LCIF grant.
April & I depart Uganda on June 19th. April will return home. I will fly to Busan, Korea for the Lions Clubs International Convention to interpret for the deaf. I return home to California on June 27th.
Pray for the senior pastor, Kirk Dewitt & his family. They are traveling to Kenya and Uganda in the month of June. We have arranged for them to come and visit our children at Raining Hope right before I leave for Busan!
Praise the Lord!
- Thursday, May 3rd - 12 noon-1 pm - National Day of Prayer - Ventura County Government Center - 800 S. Victoria Avenue, Ventura. At the main fountain between the Hall of Justice & the Administration Building. Interpreting for the deaf. Kiana will be with a mime team that is performing one song.
- Sunday, May 6th - First services for the church on Saticoy Avenue - 10 am! My home church, Conejo Church is expanding! We are starting a new work in Saticoy. The first services are this Sunday! Please keep us in your prayers. Address is 1045 South Saticoy Avenue.
- Saturday, May 19th - 12 noon-1:30 pm - Grace Bible Church - 951 West 5th Street, Oxnard - Women’s Tea
- Sunday, July 15th - 10:30 am - Faith Baptist Church - Santa Barbara
- Monday, July 16th through Friday July 20th - 9:00 am-12:30 pm - First Baptist Church of Carpenteria. The church has invited me to share with the children during their Vacation Bible School that week. They have adopted me as their missionary for the week. I will speak on Monday at 11 am.
If you would like for me to come to your church or your ministry when I return, please let me know! I would love to come and share what God is doing in Uganda!
- Most immediate need is still for rent. The rent on our building in Uganda is currently $500 a month. The landlord recently raised the rent $100. We are in need of paying for the months of April, May & June. We have $1000 but are $500 short.
- I will be sending out a specific prayer request letter before leaving for Uganda. If you are interested in being a part of our 24 hour prayer chain, please indicate so by responding to this email.
- Pray for our children. The names of our children are: Vivian, Frank, Doreen, Esther, Henry, Florence, Tabitha, Jonathan, Joel, Sharon, Ronald, Shamim, Sofia, Tamaly, Mary, Zuluta, Abudala, Difasi, Joan, Shamim, Elijah, Hillary, Joan, Ritah, Barbara, Dan & Emma Reminder: If you would like to send a note to our children, please get them to Eydie before the weekend of May 19th. If you want to email a note, you can send that anytime up to the departure date of May 23rd.
- Special Needs: The MOB office allows me to take extra luggage to Uganda on this ISP journey to bring supplies to Raining Hope Children’s Home. If you can help with any of these items, please contact me as soon as possible.
- Luggage - We need donated pieces of luggage to bring our supplies. We leave these suitcases in Uganda. They get put to much needed use by our Ugandan friends.
- We are in need of any used laptop computers that you may want to donate. This helps some of our workers out in their school work.
- If anyone has an old ipod they would like to donate, we could use them in the home as well.
If you would like to make a donation:
1) Website: www.raininghope.org. You can make a donation online using a major credit card. All donations are tax-deductible.
2) Mail a check to: Raining Hope Inc. 3451 Foothill Road #206, Ventura, CA 93003
Or send it to my address at 8823 Denver Street, Ventura, CA 93004. All checks should be made out to Raining Hope Inc.
3) If you have questions you can contact me at 805-340-7612 or contact our treasurer, Carol John at 805-377-7387.
Most of all, I appreciate your continued prayers!