Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Ugandan Dream - December 28, 2014


December  28, 2014
Dear Friends, 

“Be still, and know that I am God;  I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”  Psalm 46:10  

Yesterday, Pastor Doug Spriggs from Grace Fellowship called me to give me great news.   We only want to be explained by the miraculous.  God gets all of the credit for what only He can do.  Yesterday, we truly experienced a miracle.  Upon hearing the news all I could do was stand in silence and know that HE IS GOD.  

I have asked Pastor Doug to share these words with you on behalf of Raining Hope...  

“As 2014 ticks away, we are getting very close to our fundraising deadline for the new house in Uganda for Raining Hope.  The fundraiser got off to a great start, with thousands of dollars pouring in during the first couple of weeks.  As of December 28th, our total raised was approximately $40,000 - an amazing sum, considering the time-frame of the fundraiser.  I have never wavered in my belief that God will provide all that we need to finance the vision He has given us for a home in Jinja that will serve as a ministry center for Raining Hope.  The entire cost of the house is $120,000.  The goal date for that sum is January 1, 2015.  We needed half that total amount in order to move into the house in January. 

I am thrilled to announce that we have recently received a donation of $50,000 to help with the cost of buying the house!  That means that as of today, December 29th, we only need $30,000 more to reach the goal of paying for the entire house in cash.  What an amazing thing it is to watch God provide through His people!  We are excited we have enough to make the move into the house in January!  Praise the Lord!  But the remaining $30,000 is needed to pay off the house.  Some people have told me that they are waiting until the end to see how much more is needed.  Well, today is the 29th and we still need $30,000.  I am trusting God to provide that money in His perfect timing.  Please pray about how you might join in this last push to get us to the goal by January 1st.

We stand amazed at the many ways that God has provided for Raining Hope and especially for this house project.  All of the glory goes to Him!  I can't wait to see what He does to take care of the rest of the need.  Thank you for being a part of the Ugandan Dream!

Pastor Doug 

Thank you seeing, believing and receiving the good news with us.  “Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible.”  Corrie Ten Boom
I ask you all to join us in prayer as we continue to watch God do what only He can do. Exalting His Name Together, 
eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment