Thursday, January 1, 2015

The Ugandan Dream - November 24, 2014



I am so thankful for everyone who has been praying, give financially, and supporting us with your encouraging words.  Last week I received a sweet and precious phone call from my dear friends, Kelsey & Jon Isaacson in Oregon.  Their 4 children all got on a speaker phone to tell me one by one that they heard about our “Ugandan Dream.”  They proceeded to tell me that they were going to give up some of their Christmas money to help us towards buying the house.  Abbie (12 years old) was the first to say, “I am giving $18!  Caiden (9 years old), “I am giving $18!”  Zeke (7 years old), “I am giving $13!” and Lola (6 years old) “I am giving $11!)  As I heard each voice on the speaker phone, all I could do was weep.  Kelsey said each one decided on those amounts all on their own! Abbie’s words for all of them conveyed how much they are praying for us and they know we are going to raise the money for the house to make the kids happy.  She said that it is amazing to see how much the kids trust in God and love God.  She said, “That is just the best thing!”  From the heart of children...for the children.  My heart was bursting with joy and humbled to know that God has given me an opportunity to be a part of all of this.  

We are approaching the $35,000 mark! 
We still need your help!  

1.   Pray! 
2.   Share our story with others on social media.  www.raininghope.org , Facebook (Raining Hope Inc.) or our giving   
      page http://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/the-ugandan-dream-/258959    Share and Like our pages! 
3.   Sharing our story at your church.  We are available to come and speak about The Ugandan Dream. 
4.   Attend the Annual Christmas Boutique at Saticoy Church on December 6th from 2-4 pm.  More information is on    
      our Facebook page.  We will be sharing the Ugandan Dream as well as hosting a tamale fundraiser and 
      Christmas boutique.  
 5.  Making a donation towards the goal of purchasing the home for the kids.

Help make the Dreams of our Ugandan children come to reality this Christmas! 
Trusting Him! 
Eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment