Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Off to Haiti

I am leaving for Haiti today with a team from the California Southern Baptist Disaster Relief team. I am serving on a team with 5 others. We will be assessing homes. Our main mission is as an assessment team to assess the damage to the homes. Many of the Haitians are living on the streets because of fear of returning home. I have been asked to serve as the lead chaplain. Pray for me as my responsibilities are for the chaplain and spiritual aspect of the trip.

I leave tonight at 10:45 pm from LAX to Miami on American Airlines flight 276. I arrive in Miami at 6:30 am. I meet up with the rest of the team for a 9:55 am flight to Port-au-Prince from Miami on AA flight 1291. We return on March 4 leaving Port au Prince at 1:15 pm. I will arrive home on the 4th at 9:40 pm

Please keep us in your prayers. I will be updating you from Haiti.

Continue to pray for our children at Living Hope Children's Home. I will update you on the home in the next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment