Monday, January 2, 2017

Chapter 23 - Update #1 - December 28, 2016

SPECIAL NOTE:  I have not yet finished the updates from Chapter 22!   I am now on Chapter 23.  I will be finishing Chapter 22 at a later date.  For now...here is Chapter 23! 

So the past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind!  December 18, 2016 we found ourselves at Disneyland where Kiana’s dreams came true!  She was proposed to in front of Cinderella’s castle by her wonderful boyfriend, Taylor Bjur!  It was the best Christmas present we could have received!  Taylor & I celebrated our birthdays together at Disneyland with family as his birthday lands on December 23rd!  Kiana & Taylor came home for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day before heading to his family for Christmas dinner!  Kiana then came back home yesterday, December 27th to celebrate my birthday!   Before heading back to Corona, Kiana dropped me off at LAX airport where I currently sit waiting to board a plane to head to Uganda to ring in the New Year with the Raining Hope family!   Believe me, as I sit here I feel like I am in a dream!  

For those of you who are new to my updates,  I want to get you ready for your part in this journey!  My first trip to Uganda was a mission’s trip at the end of 2006.   This is my 23rd trip to Uganda!   The chapter coincides with the number of the trip.  Each trip is a chapter of the larger story of my call to Africa.

I am aware that I never quite finished the last few updates of Chapter 22!  You are not missing any updates!  I will be working on those while on the plane and hope you will find them once I arrive in Uganda!  

I write as a storyteller.  You are on this journey with me.  So many of you are supporting us through your prayers and your giving..  I may be the one going, but your hearts are what I share with the children.  I want you to feel what I feel and see what I see.  The only way to do that is by the words I write.  I invite you into my story.  I will be sitting in seat 57J.   I will imagine you sitting with me to soak in all that God is doing!

Updates are long as a story would be.  I have tried to shorten them by doing bullet points but then it would be nothing more than a table of contents.  I have tried highlighting key thoughts so like a speed reader, you could pick up on just the main points.  But then the experiences were getting lost in the translation.   I even tried writing shorter updates because a few said they were too long.  It was similar to having a bad connection on the phone, only hearing every other word with the familiar,  “Can you hear me now?”  This approach did not allow the heartbeat of the mission to be communicated clearly.

So I have gone back to doing what I know He has required of me.  You know ahead of time that you are going to be reading a chapter in a story.   Grab a cup of coffee or tea and find a nice, comfy chair to settle into.   Prepare to journey with me into a story of God’s love for His children in a place called Raining Hope in a town called Jinja in Uganda on the continent of Africa.

Because so much happens in one day, at times I will divide it into two emails.   Words will come spilling out on the page.  I want you to be right there with me as you read!  Feel free to take breaks to absorb the excitement!   I will be posting the same updates on our blog but will add photos.  You can find us at www.raininghopeuganda.blogspot.com .  Once in Uganda, I will try to send updates every few days depending on the reliability of the internet connection.

So get ready for a grand adventure!  Chapter 23 officially has begun!

Happy New Year!
Mama Eydie Kisakye            




No comments:

Post a Comment