Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Yesterday was an unusual day. We had multiple things that were happening. Connie still is feeling sick...but is improving. She stayed at the hotel all day in order to rest. Amber stayed with her in the morning...and I came back to stay with her in the afternoon just so she would not be alone. God is in the process of delivering her from things that have been weighing her down for many years! We saw miraculous healings yesterday occur. Continue to pray for her as she gains her strength back!

I had a meeting with the landlord yesterday. It was good to finally meet him and his wife after having occupied their property for the past 2 1/2 years. God was glorified in our meeting time. We had a shaky beginning ... but God was in our midst!

The team spent time continuing to prepare the house to paint. They actually started the painting yesterday. We hope to do more today and finish up on Saturday. They also had their teaching time with the children in the afternoon.

The spiritual attacks that we are experiencing are intense. Yet today in our morning team time we looked at Psalm 27. The verse that stuck out to me after the intenseness of yesterday were verses 1-3... "The Lord is my light and my salvation - so why should I be afraid? The Lord is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble? When evil people come to devour me, when my enemies and foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though a mighty army surrounds me my heart will not be afraid. Even if I am attacked, I will remain confident." Amen!

Our team continues to "push through" and remain "strong and courageous!"

We have an exciting day ahead of us today!!! Godfrey is on his way to meet with us this morning for a time of prayer and seeking God. This afternoon...Brandi & Kurt are going to be baptized in Lake Victoria! I have never experienced a baptism here in Uganda...what an honor! They had not yet followed in believers baptism...so they elected to get baptized here. I will tell you all about it tomorrow in our posting!

Prayer points:
1) Connie to continue to recover. Pray for renewed strength.
2) Continued good health for the rest of the team.
3) Our team time this morning as we focus on prayer. We don't have expectations of what this time will encompass. I find those are the best times...when we just completely rely on the Lord.
4) Baptism of Brandi & Kurt. We leave the hotel at 1 pm...baptism will probably be around 1:30 pm for 1/2 hour. I believe there are others that are going to be baptized as well.
5) Pastor Paul and Margaret just had a baby girl born yesterday morning! Praise the Lord.
6) Pray as the team already is starting to experience the reality that our time here grows to an close. Pray as they already are experiencing the emotions that come along with that.
7) Pray for the continued children's ministry in the afternoons at the home.
8) Pray for Raining Hope as we have a decision to make concerning the home. We need to either buy the property we are on...or continue to lease it. We need to make improvements regardless of which route we take. Pray for discernment & clarity of mind. May God reveal His purpose to us.

The testimonies that we come home with will be a blessing to you. I again thank you for your constant prayers and support.

Hope is being restored.

Kare,
eydie

2 comments:

  1. Love you guys! Love the updates! We are praying for you- for protection from the enemy and the many changes happeneing. God is awesome and I'm so excited for the many things He is doing through your team right now. When times get tough, don't forget we are apart of a bigger picture created by the Lord Himself! We are so small we cannot see the entire painting, as we are just a brushstroke used to complete the picture. Remember this as times get hard! He is using you in ways you cannot even begin to see!

    I seriously love all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool!! If Kurt and Brandi were baptized on January 6th, they will need to research Three King's Day. it is a holiday Latin cultures celebrate representing the Magi finding the Christ CHild. What a great day to get baptized on. :) Give everyone my love. Especially my sweet Constance. xoxox

    ReplyDelete