Saturday, August 5, 2023

Chapter 26 - Update #5 - Friday, August 4, 2023 - Send Off Celebration - Part 2

 


Chapter 26 - Update #5 - Friday, August 4, 2023 - Send Off Celebration - Part 2


Another side note… Sending emails is still a problem.  I got half way with Part 1 and it locked me out. Thanks for waiting.  I do post the same updates on the blog.  Posting photos is still a problem but eventually we will prevail. Just wanted you to know I am trying.   (I am behind but will prayerfully catch up this week.  It is actually Saturday, August 5th. Please pray for the Introduction.  I have learned a lot this week.  The Introduction is bigger and more significant that the wedding next week.  I will send another update soon!) 


As our Send Off continued, Godfrey & I both had an opportunity to greet guests and share a few words.  Godfrey gave more information of who we are as a ministry and a family.  He has been with us since the beginning and has watched God do the miraculous.  He was very inspiring and did a great job helping everyone understand our purpose as we strive to follow the Lord in all we do and bring glory to Him. 


This is part of my sharing: 

“Over the years I have been impacted by the desire these specific students have had for knowledge. The key was having the ability to receive an education to give them HOPE for a brighter future. 


We began our journey in the year of 2007 to try to help make those dreams become a reality. Here today are five that represent the fulfillment of what we set out to do.  Each one has their own story of their own journey. Each one Is using their God-given talents to bring God glory.  They didn’t do it alone. Not only were they surrounded by support at Raining Hope Ministries, here and in the US, they had you.  Each one here represents parents, friends, other family members, and our community. We all give a huge THANK YOU to all for your support and encouragement.”


I signed a song, “Music of the Heart” by Gloria Estefan & Nsync.  It is an older song but signed it on my very first trip here. Music Of My Heart (Lawrence P. Dermer Remix)   I realized the words to this song have come full circle.    


“You’ll never know what you’ve done for ME. What your faith in me has done for my soul.” 


The Raining Hope family has affected all of us.  They have helped us grow in our faith as we have watched them throughout all these years.  Even though you haven’t met them in person, I know through testimonies and words of encouragement they have made a difference in your lives.  They surely have made a difference in mine.  


“You’ll never know the gift you’ve given me - I’ll carry it with me” “Through the days ahead ... I’ll think of days before” 


“We have had ups and downs. But we have always known that God had plans for us. Plans not to hurt or harm us but plans for a HOPE and a FUTURE. (Jeremiah 29:11)  They have stayed STRONG AND COURAGEOUS through challenges. They never gave up HOPE. (Joshua 1:9)” 


Before the commissioning and sending out of the students, each one of them stood and gave testimony.  I sat and cried through each one.  They all gave glory to God for the great things He has done.  Each one had their own story of where God has brought them.  Some of what they shared I had not heard before.  With each one, my heart just melted.  It was a very humbling experience to hear how they were genuinely thankful to be given such a great opportunity to receive an education and pursue careers that they have been called to.  


You can hear the sense of pride in their speech that they finished school well and are making something of their lives.  So many don’t make it this far.  They want to make a difference for Christ is this world.  You are to be thanked for helping support the work here.  Your prayers and support were a huge part of this celebration day! 


I leaned over to Godfrey when the last student was speaking.  I was crying and said,  “I am overflowing with thankfulness and joy…I don’t know how much more I can handle!”  It was that overwhelming!  

The time came for the Commissioning.  I shared the words of commissioning and Godfrey led the commissioning prayer.  


“Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen”.  Ephesians 3:20-21 


God has done MORE than we have asked or could have ever imagined. We are here today because of His power that is at work within us. 


I read words from another song, “I Believe It (The Life of Jesus)”  by Jon Reddick.  Jon Reddick - I Believe It (The Life Of Jesus) [Official Lyric Video]


“It's not just a story.  It’s a living breathing walking testimony” 


These five student’s story does not end here today. It is beginning of a continuing STORY of how God is using them to make a difference.  They are a living, breathing testimony of His grace and LOVE! 


The commissioning included the words of Acts 1:8 and Mark 16:15-18 which Pastor Dockery at St. Stephens Missionary Baptist Church prayed over me when they commissioned me on the Sunday before I left for Uganda.   Parents, leaders in the community, church and hotel all came around the five students to pray over them as Godfrey led.  I wish you could have all been there.  It is truly indescribable. 


We also had CAKE that the five students and I cut together as one.  For those who have read my updates in the past, you know that the “candles” are more like “fireworks”!  I am hoping I will be able to post a video of this on the blog when I get home! 


We had a FEAST as a way to bless all those who attended.  This was due to the generosity of those of you who gave above and beyond for the Send Off. 


The moment that sent me over the top…that moment that I thought I couldn’t take much more is when parents came to say bye and thank you.  Vivian’s mother came to me and gave me a huge hug.  She speaks no English so Vivian interpreted for me.  She handed me a bag with a gift.  It was probably 6 yards of the African material I buy to have dresses made.  It is one of those times you want to not accept because you know they don’t have much.  But then you take away the blessing from them. She wanted to bless and thank me. She gave from what she had. How humbling.  I saw in her eyes the gratefulness of all Raining Hope has done for her daughter.  She was so emotional.  Tears welled up in her eyes.  You need no interpreter for that.  I said “thank you” and all she could say was ‘thank you, thank you”.  She then hugged me and began praying for me in my ear.  She prayed in Luganda language so powerfully.  Even though I don’t understand all of the language, I understood her heart.  


That moment confirmed all the past 17 years we have walked this journey.  It helps to continue to move forward knowing that the Lord is in control and is going ahead of us.  It was extremely humbling.  I was officially full!   


Thank you for your prayers and for your encouraging words you are sending back in response to my updates.   I am humbled and grateful. 


Kale, 

Mama Eydie Kisakye

No comments:

Post a Comment