Saturday, August 19, 2023

Chapter 26 - Update #8 - August 14, 2023 - Heading Home

It is hard to believe that it is Monday, August 14th and I am getting ready to head to the airport!

The last week preparing for the wedding kept us all busy from morning until late at night.  God answered our prayers!  It was a beautiful wedding that honored our Lord!  I am still in awe of the day and the glory it brought to our God. 

We will leave the hotel around 8:30 am.  It will take about 4 hours to get to Entebbe Airport.  Since it is Monday, the traffic jams can be terrible in Mukono and Kampala.  I have missed a plane once from here because we got stuck in jams.  We will go to the house for quick hellos.  They had a big “send-off” for me last night.  Many have to go back to school this morning for exams.

I will be sending updates and photos from home.  Even though I will be writing from home, the memories will be fresh and just as impactful.  The wedding alone left me speechless. 

I ask for prayer as I return home. It is not tiredness even from the long travel.   I always go through a time of “reverse-culture shock” coming from this environment.  I will spend the next couple of weeks adjusting at home and catching up on updates. Emotionally, I need to spend time processing all that He has done.

Thank you for joining me on my journey.  It has been exceedingly more than I could have imagined.  

Here are my return details.  I will be in touch once I am home.  

RETURN

Monday, August 14, 2023

Qatar Airlines Flight 1384 

Depart Entebbe - 5:30 pm 

Arrive Qatar:  11:00 pm

5 hours & 30 minutes 


Qatar Airlines Flight 741 

Depart Doha - 1:20 am (August 15, 2023) 

Arrive LAX - 7:25 am (August 15, 2023) 

16 hours & 5 minutes


Kale for now from my Ugandan home, 

Mama Kisakye 




No comments:

Post a Comment