Thursday, February 14, 2013

Uganda Chapter 15 Update #1 - January 17, 2013


Chapter 15 - Update #1 - January 17, 2013 

Greetings from Dubai to my family & friends of Raining Hope! 
If you are new to receiving my updates, I am on my 15th trip to Uganda in over 5 years.  I have entitled each set of updates according to the number of the trip.  Amazing that I am on Chapter 15 in my story of my life in Uganda!  

I am currently in Dubai on my overnight layover.  
My travel itinerary: 
Depart:  Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - Los Angeles 4:00 pm 
Arrive:   Thursday, January 17, 2013 - Dubai 7:45 pm 
Depart:  Friday, January 18, 2013 - Dubai 8:15 am 
Arrive:  Friday, January 18, 2013 - Entebbe 12:40 pm 

Return:  Sunday, January 27, 2013 - Entebbe 3:55 pm 
Arrive:  Sunday, January 27, 2013 - Dubai 9:55 pm 
Depart:  Monday, January 28, 2013 - Dubai 8:20 am 
Arrive:  Monday, January 28, 2013 - Los Angeles 12:50 pm 

I was blessed to have my friend and recent CBU grad, Kayla come visit me at the hotel tonight!  She is currently serving here in the area for 6 months.   Whenever I have had to stay overnight in Dubai, it is always the same hotel.  When I checked in at LAX, they gave me the exact name of the hotel which I forwarded on to Kayla.  The plan would be just to meet up in the lobby.  Seemed simple enough for both of us!  To my surprise, once I got on the shuttle they made a last minute announcement that the hotel was full and we would be headed to another place 15 minutes away!  You should have seen how quickly I jumped off that bus!  They hemmed and hawed for a few moments then reluctantly let me on the other shuttle.   Whew!  I wasn’t sure how Kayla and I would find one another if I would have been whisked away to another place!  Once I arrived at the familiar hotel, I checked right in with no problem!  Kayla arrived with a friend about 1/2 hour after I checked in.  It worked out almost perfectly!  Apparently, there are two hotels with the same name here at the airport!  They ended up at the wrong one!  So you can see when we finally got to hug one another, it was a sigh of relief that in a foreign country we managed to find one another!!   We had a great time of fellowship over dinner.  I was able to deliver the one thing she asked me to bring that she can’t find here...Sugar Babies!    I think the time tonight was an encouragement for her to have someone visit from home.  I also made a new friend!   God is good! 



I was able to see Kiana in between classes at CBU before leaving on Wednesday!   Since I left from CBU, I felt like I was on a solo ISP trip!  I forgot to go to the globe...so ISP team members...sometime this week stop by the globe and say a prayer for me!  Ha! Katie from my ISP 2012 team brought me to the airport.  It was strange for us to be at the airport, yet not going to Uganda together!   Thanks Katie for helping me out yesterday! 

I will report more once I arrive in Uganda.  I am leaving this hotel at 6 am to head back to the airport.  It is so nice to have a hotel room to rest in instead of waiting in the airport for all those hours! 

I am thankful for my church, Saticoy Church that had a time of prayer and commissioning for me on Sunday!   Just knowing that many of you are praying for me and the work that will be accomplished gives me great peace.  Pastor Rex asked what you could be praying for on this particular journey.   I know that the Lord is asking me on this trip to “Be still and know that He is God.”  I would ask you would pray for wisdom and discernment as I listen for direction.   Pray that I would be his hands and feet.  I pray I would bring His peace.  

Pray for the financial needs that they would be met. Some funding came in but we are still short... 
  1. NEW HOUSE -   We still need to raise $3,600 to cover the first 6 months of rent.   
  2. SCHOOL FEES - The children are preparing for the first term of the 2013 school year.  They will begin at the end of January.  We pay school fees for 31 children.  The amount needed for school fees and supplies is $1300.  
  3. UGANDA TRIP - we need to raise approximately $2,000 to cover airfare, hotel, in country transportation/fuel & food.  
If you would like to make a donation, the best way would be to go online to our website, www.raininghope.org .  You can make credit card donations on the website.  Your gifts will help meet the immediate needs listed above.   You can also sent a check to our office address:  Raining Hope Inc. - 3451 Foothill Road #206, Ventura, CA 93003.  

I appreciate you partnering together with me on the trip by praying.  This is a time of transition.  God is doing a new thing.  We are entering into a new phase.  We are trusting in Him!   

This is the verse God has given to Raining Hope this year, “ I am the Lord, who opened a way through the waters, making a dry path through the sea.. “But forget all that— it is nothing compared to what I am going to do. For I am about to do something new.  See, I have already begun! Do you not see it?  I will make a pathway through the wilderness I will create rivers in the dry wasteland.”  
Isaiah 43:16, 18-19  New Living Translation (NLT) 

Kale, 
eydie kisakye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment