Thursday, February 14, 2013

Uganda Chapter 15 Update #6 - January 22-23, 2013


Chapter 15 - Update #6 - January 22-23, 2013 
Today was the first day that I was able to venture into Jinja town.  Robert Otile and I came to town to get a landline for the home.  This way we can finally get sign posts put up at our land with correct contact information!  Because we had to wait for the technician to go with us to the home, I had about an hour and half to wander in town.   One of the highlights was visiting my friend, Rita and baby Eydie!  For those new to the updates, on my last trip to Uganda in June, my friend Rita gave birth to a baby girl.  I was honored to find out they decided to name her after me!   Baby Eydie is now 8 months old!  She is adorable!  What a difference 8 months make!  She was very responsive to me, laughing and smiling!  What a joy in my soul to be loved by this family so much.  

Baby Eydie! 


Baby Eydie & Rita!
I also made new friends today.  These were definitely divine appointments.  One is a friend of Michael, Sheila and Aaron Kajumba!  Their friend, Herbert came to visit me in Jinja.  It is so amazing when God brings together mutual friends!  

A new friend, Herbert! 
When I was in Rita’s shop, she had some other friends visiting.  When we asked each other where we were from we were pleasantly surprised to find out we were both from California!  They are actually from the Danville area in Northern California!   The ministry this person has in Uganda is an area of need that we are exploring as part of our bigger vision.  It is so exciting to see how God puts people together at just the right time!  

We were able to complete the installation of the landline at the home! Praise the Lord that we finally have our own “Raining Hope” phone number!  

We actually had a power outage in the whole area of Jinja from Monday night at 9:30 pm until late on Wednesday.  The hotels were running on a back up generator.  But it affected local businesses as well as our home.  Tuesday night I couldn’t stay long because of the loss of power.  But before it got dark, the bishop Jeremiah who had a word of prophecy over me in June came to visit.  The four of us (Prophet Jeremiah, Pastor Richard, Pastor Gerald and myself) sat on the front grass of the home.  As the sun set and it became darker, we sat in the pitch black of the night as the prophet continued to speak truth into my life.  We were powered with the only Light needed!  It was a powerful time.  

Wednesday was a day of learning the great lesson of being flexible!  We were suppose to travel to our land with Robert Otile that morning.  But because of his schedule we moved it to that afternoon.  Pastor Gerald shifted his schedule to come meet me in the early afternoon.  As I spent the time in town waiting for them both, it became very apparent that God had other plans for us all that day.  

I had to take care of errands in town that I now can do by myself.  I have Ugandan phones that I use while in country.  They were doing something new as all phones had to go through this crazy registry thing or they would be shut down.  I was pretty proud of myself that I went and took care of all this on my own!  It’s the little things that help me become more a part of the culture!  

My dear friend Irene at the Source Cafe & her daughter,  Rachel 
Irene & Eydie!
As I waited for Pastor Gerald and Robert, I decided to hang out at the Source Cafe.   While there I had very unexpected but divine encounters!  One was with Pastor Paul who came to visit me!  This ended up being the only time that we had together on this trip.  But we had such a great time of fellowship and encouragement.  He ended up being there for me during a very difficult moment.  I am so thankful for him and for his wise counsel.  After our meeting I was able to meet two more of his friends.  Again like in the people from Danville, the Lord seemingly brought us together as their ministry is in another area of our vision.  

Flexibility right!?  I sat at the Source Cafe from about 12:30 pm until 4:45 pm!  While I was having these meetings, Robert got tied up with business and was not able to come.  Pastor Gerald ended up meeting with some family and friends and ended up leading someone to the Lord!  We were all right where we were suppose to be!  

That evening I spoke at Amazing Grace Church.  It was the first of a three day event.  They have worship/Bible study now through the week.  Pastor Richard invited me to be the main speaker for those three days.  The main theme for this time was a follow-up on the teachings of being sons and daughters of the King.  But the Lord also led me to talk about the importance of taking time to be in His presence on a daily basis.  Even my friends in Uganda have not been immune to the traps of busy schedules.   I have learned so much from my Ugandan friends about making my relationship with Jesus the priority.  Much of what I shared over the three day event was coming back to those very basic truths.  

For those of you who have the book, “Jesus Calling” I focused on two particular days, January 2nd and February 10th.  We spent much time talking about being more like Mary in the Bible rather than Martha. “Martha, Martha,” the Lord answered, “you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed.  Mary has chosen what is better, and it will not be taken away from her.”  Luke 10:41-42.  

Let’s all find the time to sit at the feet of Jesus more! 
Kale, 
eydie 

No comments:

Post a Comment